Justin Cermak's Crispy Pork Belly with Milk Gravy
8 oz braised pork belly
2 cups whole milk
¼ cup AP flour
Spinach Salad & Vinaigrette Ingredients:
1 lb. bacon sliced
1 tsp. minced garlic
⅓ cup Sherry wine vinegar
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp. honey
1. Chop bacon, and render until crispy and drain; saving half of the fat.
2. Return strained fat to a small pot and heat lightly, adding rendered bacon, garlic, sherry vinegar, and honey.
3. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk in olive oil and heat gently. Pour over spinach in a bowl causing it to wilt slightly.
4. Heat pork belly in in oil over medium heat until crispy and brown.
5. Take rendered fat and the other half of bacon fat and heat in a separate pot. Add flour and stir constantly until fully incorporated. Whisk in cold milk until nappe consistency and season with salt and black pepper.
We'd love to see your version of Justin's recipe!
Share your photos with us on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter!